Monday, October 1, 2012

It has ben one week plus a few days since my arrival in Kratovo and it seems like a month. Language classes are a bear and it feels like my head may explode at any time. Friday was the end of first week and I was glad when we finally left class. This is INTENSIVE!, but fun. It feels like I don't remember any of what we are taught, but then I get home to my host family and they start in on me and I realize I know more than I thought. When I arrived a week ago Friday, I could say hello and my name is Harry. Now I can ask for specific food, carry-on a "broken" conversation, of sorts, and let them know when I have had enough vino.

Saturday we went to my host father's farm to harvest grapes for the wine making. We must have harvested over 200 lbs with more to go. It was hot and a lot of bending over, but I guess worth it as the wine is excellent.

The vineyard

Just pick and eat, Yum!

Mone harvesting grapes

Getting ready for wine
Transportation!
 We also went to the open air market to purchase some fresh vegetables and just greet friends. What a great experience. So much fresh vegetables and fruit. The donkey is used by a family to get their purchases home.
Peppers

Lots of carrots

Peppers are a main staple for eating

Peppers ready to make Ivar



2 comments:

  1. Hey, how are you? The blog is looking really good and so does the produce. When you come back we can start our own Winery! I need a project. Take care. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I will be knowledgable enough to make wine, rakia...that is another thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below, questions are acceptable