Thursday, November 28, 2013

Istanbul in October 11-14, 2013

OK, so I am a bit behind in posting. I think I warned you when first I wrote back in September of 2012, so no complaints.

Went to Istanbul with Nancy another volunteer from Oregon. First I have to say what a great city and four days is not nearly enough time to take it all in. This was a good time of the year to go as there are fewer tourists (everything is relative) and the temp is ideal.

Made the mistake of flying into the airport that just happened to be a 2-hour taxi (and 70 Euros) from Istanbul. That's what I get for going cheap. We got to the hostel Agora and settled-in before dinner.


we promptly set off to see the sights and sounds of Istanbul. The hostel was very conveniently located just a short walk to the major sights. I won't bore you with more commentary, unless necessary, and will post only a few of the many photos I took.

Of course we had to visit the brother of the uncle's cousin's rug store.

Typical street

Main street in front of major attractions







View from hostel

















Entrance to the Black Sea

New bridge before entrance to Black Sea spanning Bosphorus - Europe to Asia

Ships going into the Black Sea



Spice market


Well needless to say there is much, much more to see in Istanbul. A city I plan to return to before heading home.

Check out my next adventure to Transylvania to visit the "Impaler" over Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, questions are acceptable